By Paulina Gozdalik
Last week people bought tons of food products in supermarkets, and now have no idea how to use it all. During these difficult times, most of us are stuck in their homes, so I thought I’d share a very simple, but delicious recipe that requires only a few ingredients. I bet you have most of the ingredients, if not all of them. Don’t worry if you are not much of a baker, it’s easy and quick, and you don’t really need any great talent to do it. What’s more, it’s very healthy as you don’t need sugar or anything like that; you may sweeten it if you like, but a ripe banana is sweet enough in my opinion.
It’s a great option for a quick breakfast, a snack or a dessert. It’s up to you how you serve it. I’ll give you few ideas, but it’s all about taste preference.
- 4 eggs
- A cup of flour, you can use a mixture of different types, if you eat gluten-free go for corn or rice flour, or mix them together
- 4 ripe medium-size bananas, you can use those “ugly” ones with black spots all over them, but don’t use the green ones!
- A teaspoon of baking powder
- Dark cocoa
- Honey/ agave syrup
- Any other ideas you might have
- Baking tray/mold, the best choice is a silicone mold as you don’t need any baking paper
- Baking paper to put in a baking tray
- Begin with setting up your oven – set at 180 degrees (up/down),
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix them with a food mixer (you can simply use an eggbeater) for about 5 minutes so their structure is like a mousse,
- Mash the bananas up, use a fork to do so – it’s easier to mix them with eggs later on,
- Add the mashed bananas to the eggs, add the cup of flour, and the teaspoon of baking powder, and mix it together,
- Add anything extra if you like, such as cinnamon,
- Pour the batter into the tray/mold,
- Put in the oven for about 35-40 minutes,
Find the form below to send me your favourite recipes so I can try them out and share on our website! If you have any thoughts on the recipe above, let me know and share your opinion 🙂