By Paulina Gozdalik
People don’t appreciate how tasty vegan food can be and they avoid it all the time. I’d like to show you one of the easiest and tastiest recipes I often do for a lunch box. I always bring homemade food to work as I don’t like spending money on food from restaurants. I don’t have any interesting restaurants near my workplace so it saves me a lot of money.
Have you ever tried falafel? It is hard to indicate its origins, but many believe it comes from ancient Egypt. It’s very popular in the Middle East, and after Italian cuisine, theirs is definitely my favourite.
What I want to show you tho, is something that can’t go wrong. You don’t have to prepare all the ingredients yourself (it takes more time), you have them in one sachet. You can eat falafels in pita bread, in tortilla, or with rice. Anything you like. My lunch box consists of jasmine rice, falafel, and fresh salad.
Falafel box that I’ll show you is available in every Rossmann (there are different vegan chops also available), I bought it for something like 5-6zł.
- Jasmine rice
- Falafel box
- Fresh vegetables
- Boil water in a pot, add rice and wait until it’s cooked
- Take a sachet from the falafel box, open it, pour into a bowl and add 230ml of water (80 degrees), mix it and leave it for 15 minutes
- Prepare your salad while waiting – I used sweetcorn, butterhead lettuce, cherry tomatoes, radish, fresh lemon juice, chilli pepper and different herbs
- After 15 minutes, heat oil on a pan, form chops from the mixture and put them on the pan
- Fry each side until golden, around 5 minutes for each side
- Serve with rice and salad on the side